WACKER refined its vision in 2011 and specified five strategic goals. Together these form our strategy’s foundation and express the performance expectations of our Group. Profitable growth and the goal of securing a leading competitive position in most of our business fields are at the center of our strategy. Our actions are thus oriented to sustainable development.
We see the paths for attaining these strategic targets in:
- Increasing our presence in emerging markets and regions and investing in growth markets. Here, our priorities are Asia (especially China, India and South Korea) and South America (primarily Brazil).
- Strengthening our operating business through innovations. Above all, we see potential in replacing existing products with new ones that offer better properties, are more environmentally friendly and create added value for the customer.
- Using operational excellence to optimize our productivity and costs. The “Wacker Operating System” (WOS) program bundles, promotes and processes all corporate projects for systematic process improvement.
- Increasing the quality of our products and therefore directly creating value for our customers in their applications.
- Placing the customer even more at the center of our actions through intensive contacts, better service and alliances.
- The contribution made by our employees through their outstanding expertise and their ideas to ensure the success of this strategy.
To help meet our strategic goals, we are focusing on the highly promising fields of energy, urbanization and construction, digitization, and greater prosperity in emerging countries. Here, WACKER offers products that are ideally suited to satisfying these global trends.